Find Your Purpose By Getting To Know Your True Self
Lately, I’ve seen a lot of stuff online about finding your purpose in life.
The main theme I’ve seen is living your dreams by creating a life that is based on your passions. But, how the hell do you find your passions? I mean, I like to draw, dance, garden, cook, sing… I have many interest. Which one of these is my passion?
Many of the articles I’ve read suggest getting to know yourself better. You have to do some deep soul searching and ask yourself some questions.
Here’s how To Find Your Passions And Purpose
Along the way I’ve discovered some questions to help the process along.
First off, let me warn you, this is an inside job. Only you know the answers to these questions. You must go deep within yourself and scrape past all the BS you have created. Honesty is essential if you want to get to know your true self.
Finding your purpose in life takes time and dedication. So, if you are not willing to invest the time, just move on. You cannot rush the process.
When you explore the depths of your inner self, make sure you are somewhere quiet without distractions.
Here are some suggestions:
- Print this out.
- If you must use the computer, make sure that the computer is not connected to the internet. That is just too much of a risk for distraction.
- If there are other people around, politely ask them that they do not disturb you.
When you’re good and ready here are some questions you could ask yourself that may lead you to discover your passions and purpose.
- What excites you in life? What do you think about doing when you first wake up in the morning? Basically, when do you feel the happiest?
- What do you do that makes you feel like you’re the King or Queen of the world? For example, something that makes you feel unstoppable. Something that gives you a rush in life.
- Can you think of anything that other people thank you for? Do people thank you for your good advice, great cooking, positive attitude…
- What are your gifts? What is it that you can do naturally? Something you are ridiculously good at.
- Are there any people you look up to? Any mentors? Also, why do they inspire you? Think about why.
- Is there a time when gave more than you had to? What was it and why did you go the extra mile? Is it because you loved doing it so much?
- Was there ever a time when you were doing something and you totally lost track of time? What were you doing that had you so focused that you didn’t realize hours went by?
- Pretend you won millions in the lottery. What will tomorrow look like for you? However, do not think of what you would buy, but how you would live your life differently? How would your day go? Be as specific as you can.
- What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
- Are there any topics or issues that you find yourself standing up for? Consider what this tells you about your beliefs?
- Is there anything in the world you get angry about? How could you fix it if you had unlimited resources?
- Is there something that you absolutely love helping people with?
- What kind of books or magazines do you find yourself always reading?
- Was there ever a time when you couldn’t sleep because you were so excited about something the next day? What was it?
- Are you concerned about the future of our children? How can you help to make it a better place for them?
- If you knew that something you created would support your life, how would you live?
- What would you gladly do for free?
- If you were a fly on the wall at your funeral, what would you want to hear people say? Is there anything you want to be remembered for?
- Is there something you’re curious about? What do you explore when you’re on the internet?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? What kinds of things were you interested in?
- If guaranteed to be a best-seller what kind of book would you write? What would the title be? What would it be about?
- Do your friends always compliment you on something? Have they ever told you that you should be a chef, makeup artist, or what-have-you?
- Do you have a career that you find yourself dreaming about? Are you envious of others because of their careers?
This is just a tool
The answers to these questions will give you clues about what drives you. Therefore, they should only be used as a tool to get you to go within and uncover what you have hidden from yourself. Sometimes we get caught up living a life that we think we should, instead of one we really want.
Also, sometimes our passions change. Therefore, it’s best if you revisit these questions. To go even deeper, maybe you could come up with some of your own questions.
The point is to go within and get to know your true self and ultimately, your purpose in life.
Do you have any questions that could be used to discover your passions? Share them in the comment section and help others find their purpose in life.
We would love to hear what you gotta say.
Copyright © 2017 What I Gotta Say About It. All Rights Reserved.